About Parkar Digital
Parkar Digital is a Hybrid-first company dedicated to hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing employees and teams with diverse backgrounds. We are a digital transformation and software engineering company headquartered in Atlanta, USA, and we have engineering teams across the US, India, and Latin America.
Our solutions are powered by the Parkar platforms built using Cloud, Opensource, and Customer experience technologies. Parkar Digital offers various IT services across Cloud computing, Product development, Customer Experience, Cybersecurity, and AI Engineering.
We are an employer of choice with solid values and foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and corporate citizenship. Our culture of inclusion, diversity, and equity is paramount in accomplishing our vision to empower our communities and create an impeccable employee experience. Your next career break is ahead.
SQL Server Database Administrators are responsible for implementing, configuring, maintaining, and performing critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. Their main goal is to ensure various corporate applications' availability and consistent performance.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage SQL Server databases version 2012 to 2019 on-prem.
- Installing and upgrading SQL servers, database engine, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS3 Supporting the On-prem.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor the system's health and performance.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time.
- Provide suggestions for solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- In charge of database backup and recovery methods, database access security and integrity, physical data storage design, and data storage administration
- Assists in the selection of a database management system and the maintenance of database performance.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Download and install SQL Server service packs and updates.
- Configure and maintain SQL Security controls.
- Make recommendations for system architecture per Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- 4+ years of MS SQL Server Administration experience required in a Production environment.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows servers, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus